Senior Frontend Engineer (f/m/x)
At AssistMe, we are developing an IoT platform capable of tackling healthcare’s biggest problems. Our mixed hardware and software solution collects valuable data which are a catalyst for actionable insights, creating the possibility for individualised care in care homes around the world.
AssistMe is driving human-centric innovation in the digital health space. We’re shaping new business models in the area of medicine, elderly care and health tech to support both the caregiver and care recipients. Our technical solutions allow elderly people and people in need of care, the chance for a more independent lifestyle.
We improve care through innovation, to care for the people who once cared for us.
At AssistMe, you will join a team with a strong development background in working on the next generation of bio-sensors for prevention and early recognition of diseases.
AssistMe’s platform is a critical interface to our connected care ecosystem. In the role of Senior Frontend Developer, you will have the opportunity to develop our platform’s next generation features, creating a timely feedback loop for our clients.
- Participate in the definition of the technical vision of the frontend applications at AssistMe
- Implement complex features and maintain our frontend applications using industry best practices
- Regular deployment of production code while maintaining a high-performance and stable system
- Incorporate input from the UX/UI team within the scope of a user-centric perspective
- Work closely with mobile engineers to explore new possibilities in front-end development
- Collaborate closely with the hardware team to optimize end-to-end user experience
- Work in a close and trustful relationship with the founders, product manager, and designers in a cross-discipline agile environment
- Experience with cross-browser development and knowledge of browser compatibility
- Good understanding of UX and able to work with designers
- Experience with any component-based frontend framework such as React, Vue, Angular.
- Experience using build tools like Webpack
- Basic knowledge of server-side / backend development
- Know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests
- Strong startup spirit (flexible, positive attitude), love for dynamic work environments, and desire to take ownership of your work
- Fluent in communicational English (oral and written) and excited to work in a diverse international environment
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Vue.js and its relevant libraries eg. Vuex and Vuetify
- Experience with Docker containers and cloud services like AWS
- Experience GraphQL, CI pipelines and PWA
- Backend: Python 3, Django 2, DRF, Postgres, AWS (IoT Core, Lambda, RDS)
- Frontend: ES6, Vue.js 2, Vuex, Vuetify, Nuxt
- DevOps: CircleCI, Docker, AWS (ECR, EC2)
- Monitoring: Elastic Cloud, Sentry
- Gateway: Golang, BalenaOS, BLE, MQTT
- Work in a highly-diverse and positive environment, while making a difference in people’s well-being and care
- Focus on personal development and growth
- Hardware and software of choice
- Competitive salary and as much coffee, fruit, and drinks as you like
- Creative workspace at Factory Berlin Görlitzer Park
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!